Buttery Southern Biscuits
If you are not from the South, then you may not fully understand the significance of this recipe. Biscuits make or break breakfast. If you have a severe allergy sufferer in your household, then biscuits have probably been taken off your menu. This recipe has been tested, tweaked, and devoured, by my family. It holds the key to restoring your breakfasts back to their Southern glory, honey!
|Dry Ingredients||Wet Ingredients|
1. Whisk together 3/4 cup of milk and 1 teaspoon of vinegar, until the mixture becomes frothy, then set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
3. Add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Mix.
4. Cut the butter into the dry mixture, and mix.
5. Pour in the wet ingredients, and stir. Things will get messy, but hang in there.
7. Flour a cutting board, and knead the chilled dough on it until it is smooth. You may have to add flour as you go.
8. Roll out the dough until it is roughly 1/2 inch thick.
9. Cut into circles. If you do not have a biscuit cutter, you clearly are not a member of my family. You can substitute a small drinking glass.
10. Place the cut biscuits onto a cookie sheet. Brush the tops with the mixture of milk and oil.
11. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until done.
12. Serve hot, with butter, and your favorite jam.
You won’t believe they’re vegan!