I am sure that many families with allergies will agree that not all allergy-safe pancake recipes are great. In fact, not all allergy-safe, or alternative ingredients have a reputation for tasting as delicious as the original. This is one of my household’s favorite pancake recipes, and I would dare say that it beats the odds for great tasting, allergy-safe ingredients. You can tailor the ingredients to fit your allergy needs. For example, if you cannot use soy, or rice milk, the recipe has been tested to work with coconut, and almond milk. Use the same discretion when it comes to your flour, and oil choices.
1 cup of flour
3-4 tablespoons of sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of baking powder
1 cup of milk (we use Silk vanilla soy)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/4 -1/2 cup of chocolate chips (We use Enjoy Life mini chips)
1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- Preheat your pan/griddle to medium heat.
- Use one bowl to combine all of your dry ingredients.
- Mix, and use fork to break up any lumps.
- Add your wet ingredients.
- Mix until your batter is smooth.
- Add your chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto your cooking surface.
- Watch for the edges to set, and flip.
- I typically flip another time just to get the perfect brown on each side.
- Add your favorite pancake toppings, and enjoy. (Lightning McQueen plate, and begging puppy are the norm around here, but optional for you)
Superkiddo felt that the recipe is best shared with his favorite pancakes song… Enjoy!